To help evaluate whether a home solar electric system will work for you, you should consider the following:
- Your available solar resource — do you have clear and unobstructed access to sunlight for most or all of the day, throughout the year?
- The system size — do you have a roof or area large enough to accommodate it?
- The economics — is it worth the investment?
- Local permits and covenants — are there any issues with installing a system?
If you are looking for information on how much a PV system will cost consider:
- What is the payback period without subsidies?
- What are my states net metering laws?
- How many kilowatts of power does my home need?
Some Frequently Asked Questions about residential PV systems: